Thursday, March 22, 2012

I ♥ Monarchs

A few weeks ago while gardening I pulled up a clump of nasturtiums that were crowding out another plant and there was a monarch chrysalis on the bottom of one leaf.  I hung the leaf and chrysalis on a rosemary bush and there it stayed until yesterday when I noticed how close to hatching it was.  I love how you can see the beautiful wings folded up inside.
 

Today the butterfly emerged.

We love Monarchs at my house and lovingly tend to them all year.  My first blog post was an Illustration Friday entry on the painting below.  The word was stripes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow the pictures are amazing! It's very cool you can see the wings through the cocoon.

    I also like the stripe-y caterpillars :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and your illustrations!

    ReplyDelete