Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Hummingbird and random ramblings

 
I originally started this hummingbird for this week's Illustration Friday word which was "vocal."  (I used a picture of a peacock instead.)  We have a Cape Honeysuckle outside our bedroom window and it attracts an unbelievably vocal crowd of birds, including hummingbirds who are incredibly loud when you consider their size.  This is an Anna's Hummingbird.  Watercolor on paper.  See it in progress here. 
Today marked my return to exercise, vacation and illness have sidelined me for the last 3 weeks.  I did intend to work out on our vacation but in the end Sangrias by the pool won out.  It made such a difference to my mood over the last week or 10 days.  I've been irritable, very impatient, quick to anger.  I always knew how important exercise is in my life and this is just another reminder.  I NEED to exercise.  My family NEEDS me to exercise! 
Considering we are recently returned from spring break in Palm Springs it is kind of incredible to realize we leave for Hawaii in two months!  This year of travelling is definitely not our norm, at least not so far...but hoping that it will be in the future!
I haven't written about my gluten issues lately...I think I have found a good place with my gluten avoidence. I am gluten free most days but when we eat out or are at friend's I let it go a bit. I've found I can tolerate some gluten in my diet but not every day.
So speaking of Hawaii and my diet I am making a renewed effort to eat well, even on weekends!  I am usually very disciplined Monday through Friday lunchtime and then on weekends it all goes out the window.  It seems crazy that I can ruin 5 days of low calorie meals in just two days.  It makes me wonder how many calories am I really consuming over the course of one weekend?  I probably don't want to know but two months seems like a reasonable time to get myself ready for a tropical vacation.  Hoping that mentioning my desire to lose some weight here on the blog will make me stick with it a little better.
Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. I love the hummingbird! The colors are great too!

    I agree with you, it's hard to eat healthy on the weekend! But a trip to Hawaii definitely sounds like a great motivator :0)

    ReplyDelete