Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Illustration Friday - Hitched

 
If she gets bored of this place she'd get that wagon hitched up to her pony and move on...

Years ago I used to travel to China for work.  On my  5 or 6th trip I decided I wanted to buy a jade bracelet and my Chinese co-worker, Chain, took me shopping.  I don't know anything about jade, I just wanted a bracelet in a pretty shade of green that fit and was affordable.  Chain was very worried that I would get home and find out I had bought poor quality jade so she kept telling me that my bracelet was "just for funny"...meaning it wasn't good quality, it was just for fun.

My computer was down all day today so I couldn't work and did this little drawing instead.  It's just for funny.

Oh, and this is my 100th post!  Thanks for visiting...and I love your comments! 

5 comments:

  1. So whimsical! Love all the different patterns! I think the pink bird is my favorite!
    I work in product development & deal with a Chinese factory, & just love some of the things they inadvertently come out with! I received a card wishing me a "sweety mood everyday" that I have pinned up in my cube when I need a smile. I give them a lot of credit - their English is FAR better than my Mandarin will ever be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this story It made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your illustration style. This one somehow reminds me of a book I had of "The Snow Queen" I had when I was a little girl. I love all the little details. I can almost hear the sound of that wagon as it takes her on her next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The textures are very cool, especially in the dress :0) Oh and congrats on 100 posts! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, cute story. Love the pic, too, reminds me of a cool, modern Laura Ingalls Wilder. :)

    ReplyDelete