Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Illustration Friday - Space

 
It's a stretch to be sure but this is from my journal and is the view from Tunnels Beach on the island of Kauai where the reef is so large it can be seen from space.

We are just back form a two week vacation (see my previous post) and I just couldn't think of anything else but this watercolor.  One of my vacation goals (yes, I had goals!) was to creat art every day.  This was drawn sandy & wet on the beach in between snorkeling with watercolor pencils and then filled in with watercolors back in our vacation pad in the evening.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty!! The blended colors in the sky are especially nice. And must have been wonderful to create each day in such a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was wonderful to see inspiration every where you looked!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I find it hard to create when I'm on vacation, so I think it's so cool you did that! And it would be fun to have art mementos of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily. I tried to keep a whole travel journal, making notes, too. I've never done that before, it was fun! I'll share more soon.

      Delete
  3. really lovely blog Rita! I love your illustration friday :)
    Have a great weekend, and thanks for the sweet comment!
    hugs tereza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a really nice illo for "space." It's a beautiful space! I will have to check out Tunnels Beach next time I'm in Kauai!

    ReplyDelete