Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hello again!

Well hello again! 
This is the longest I've been away from the blog and I must admit the first couple of weeks felt like vacation but lately I've missed this space.  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
I also have to admit I did not do one artistic thing in my absence.  No painting, no drawing, I didn't take my art journal on my travels!  I have just been spending lots of time with family...and reading...and taking long baths.

We spent the week Christmas and the week after with my in-laws in the Central Valley of California.  They are a fun bunch and we enjoyed lots of good food and drink.

Here are pictures from our mini-vacation within a vacation in San Francisco, we spent a couple of days after Christmas there to celebrate my son's 10th birthday. 

There are 600,000 rivets in each tower.  It's true!

View from a hill in Golden Gate Park.
 
Not entirely sure why this lovely little spot was called Shakespeare's Garden...but it was charming.
Japanese Tea Gardens
Palace of Fine Arts
Full moon rising over the Bay Bridge
We managed to find a Chinese art supply store in Chinatown and Rose got an art lesson.
Transamerica Building
     
Chinatown
 
 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pictures, Rita! Love the moon one the best. Magical reflections. I hope you were able to relax and ease back into the swing of every-day life. You sound like a busy, workin' woman!
    PS. Your Rose looks like a little sprite. So sweet. And happy bday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you mind if I Pin your moon photo to Pinterest? It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really wonderful photos! I have to say that view from a hill in golden gate park is my favorite because I've been interested in city and streetscapes! And Rose is so cute in those bright red shoes!

    ReplyDelete