Sunday, June 16, 2013

Citron & Turquoise for Summer of Color 3 and ICAD Days 13 - 16

Just a quick post so I can make the deadline to particiapte in Summer of Color.  It's my first time participating.  I've so enjoyed the ICAD's and the interaction with other artists posting our cards on Facebook and I noticed a lot of posted mentioning Citron & Turquoise.  I discovered Summer of Color  and decided to give it a go.  This is also my Day 16 ICAD.
 
 
 
I drew this in bed this morning, Father's Day.  As soon as I was done we went on a two hour walk along the harbor and beach.  A quick lunch and then off the play golf for Father's Day.  It was crowded and slow, lots of families playing.  Golf can be challenging at the best of times and with an 8 year old and 10 year old there are even greater challenges...some aspects of golf etiquette are very difficult for kids to understand.  I started playing golf when I was dating my husband (to impress him!)  He is passionate about golf and I enjoy it (most of the times) but it's not my thing.  I've been really trying to get the kids involved, though, and so far they love it.  I think it's a great way to spend family time together.
 
Now I'm squeezing in enough time to write this post before I begin preparing our Father's Day dinner...bacon cheeseburgers (mine wrapped in lettuce), grilled vegetables and roasted potatoes.  I'm glad I got so much exercise this morning!

Here are more of my latest ICADs:


Day 13 Zentangle style doodles.  I was going for ocean, land, flowers and rainy skies.  I really like the way it came out.


For Day 14 I wanted a monotone look.  I used was coffee grounds, watercolor, Sharpies and brush pen.

 
 Day 15 and I wanted to try a more colorful varation from Day 14.  This one is Purple Allium.  Watercolor, Prismacolor markers.
 
 
I'm also sharing at Sunday Sketches. 
 





12 comments:

  1. wow! you've been busy creating such beautiful work! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Love your Summer of Colour contribution but also your rainbow doodles. Just scrummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE peacocks. The SOC colors are perfect for them. I'm far behind on my ICAD challenge though. I really shol try combining the two challenges. I've started folllowing you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, all of these pieces are wonderful (love the coffee grounds) and your peacock is fabulous! Love his long tail and bold colors. Hope your Father's Day was a wonderful one with your family and thank you for sharing your work with us, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWW!! SO many great things here :). Especially the zentangle piece, melts my heart :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are down with the doodles. And coffee grounds? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely artwork, Rita. I love your choice of vibrant colors. And your peacock is fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always a blessing to be able to spend time with family and still have time to work on your artwork. I like all the pieces you got done, but my absolute favorite is the peacock. The detailing and the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely. Love the peacock - gorgeous colours and your artwork using coffee grounds is fabulous, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top one is especially lovely and I feel your pain with the slow round of golf... nothing worse... and being married to a golf pro I hear him grumble about it constantly... but for us Father's day is in September so they don't get too cold out on the course... poor little precious petal daddies here in Australia need warm weather for their day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice works, I especially like the final one, I am partial to flowers and yours are so pretty! It sounds like your father's day was catered to the lucky dad!

    ReplyDelete