Saturday, August 3, 2013

DPP # 2 Window

There are things that charm me every time I see them and near the top of that list (along with kittens and laughing babies) has to be red geraniums in window boxes. 
 
 
Started sketching in bed this morning.

I started with very pale gray watercolor all over the bricks and let that dry, that's the mortar.  Then I shaded in the dark windows and I added the bricks little by little making sure I varied the colors and how much water I added.

The bricks are finally done.

Adding the flowers and more color.

Adding some details. 
Despite the careful sketching and plotting at the beginning my window panes are uneven!

After all the watercolor painting was done I added shading and details with pencil, watercolor pencils and marker.


And from yesterday, DPP#1 Rainbow.

 

12 comments:

  1. Your window is beautiful - and it was interesting to see the progression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty. i love the red against the white. a charming painting! what does DPP stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing us the process! I love it! And your rainbow one was totally new, cool and unique- Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely window, solid brickwork! ;) Very lovely painting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the details and the flowers! soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to see your step-by-step of this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am VERY charmed by your windows and geraniums! I admire your patience in working with a ruler - I rarely can be bothered LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole piece is beautifully done, but I'm especially impressed with the intricacy of your brickwork. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright, bold and beautiful! Happy SS...love the progression pix too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The window painting is gorgeous! I really like the red flowers in the planter, a beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see your process, and the final painting is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! I love various colors in the bricks!really moves the eye around.

    ReplyDelete